McKinley Birthplace Home and Research Center
This reconstructed house is located on the site of the original home and birthplace of President William F McKinley. The furniture inside the eight-room house is representative of how a typical home during the early 1840s was furnished.
The family moved to Poland, Ohio, in 1852 and the home became the Benedict General Store. In the 1890s, the building was split into two and moved, then later reunited and moved to Tibbet's Corners and operated as a birthplace memorial to President McKinley. The memorial closed and the house burned down in 1937.
Today, the reconstructed structure features the house, a research center, meeting room, computer lab and a small gift shop.
40 South Main Street
Local Number: (330) 652-1704
General Information: McKinley@McKLib.org
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Special Hours: Other times by appointment