This school was built in 1897 and restored in 2003. While most one-room schoolhouses of that period have been adapted to new use, vanished or fallen into disrepair, the Linn School survives because it was rescued by two brothers, Oliver and Merle Hamilton. The Hamilton's restored the building, interior included, to the period of 1909-1913 when they attended the school and donated the school to the Marion County Historical Society to use for educational programs. Visitors to the school are transported back to a time when tin lunch pails, a pot-bellied stove, McGuffy readers, desks with inkwells and fold up seats, and a recitation bench were the norm.
Local Number: (740) 387-4255
Special Hours: Phone ahead for times or appointment.
Pricing through Heritage Hall
Accepted Forms of Payment