This Month's Contest
Enter the Contest Now
Rich in history, our family-friendly community is home to Rails to Trails, First Responders Park, a Historic Village, the only Early Television Museum in the United States and Packrat Comics. Hilliard has over 31 miles of bike trails which includes the Heritage Rail Trail that is 7.1 miles and includes public art, bird watching, parks and geo caching. First Responders Park is a memorial and includes steel from the twin towers. Journey back to the mid-1800s at the Historical Village at Weaver Park exploring an authentic log cabin, one room school house, chapel, Hilliards Train Station, Caboose, Election House, Privy, barn, granary, covered bridge and museum. Have you ever wondered how the invention of the television evolved? Stop by the Early Television Museum. Your trip to Hilliard would not be complete without visiting Packrat Comics. People from all over Ohio drive to see the store, play games and attend monthly events. Families, couples and groups can enjoy boutique bowling at Ten Pin Alley. Don’t like to bowl, how about a game of sand volleyball? Or Corn Hole? Be sure to try their unique food which has been featured on Food Network.
The Franklin County Fairgrounds hosts numerous events throughout the year that are open to the public including train shows, equestrian events, ColorMeRad, Pow Wows and more! Major events in Hilliard include the Franklin County Fair (July 12-19), Heritage Day at the Historical Village (October 11) and Olde Hilliard Christmas (December 4, 6, 13 and 14). All these events take place at the Historical Village at Weaver Park with the addition of the fairgrounds during the fair.
Farm, Family, Food and Fun is the theme for this year’s Fair We have all your fair favorites from food to animals to carnival rides to live entertainment including truck and tractor pulls and demolition derby. We have also added a number of new events for guests of all ages. Check the fair website for a complete schedule, fcfair.org. If you want to experience life in the 1800s and participate in daily chores like making butter be sure to attend Heritage Day or visit the village during Olde Hilliard Christmas when it is adorned in lights and period decorations. Have your photo taken with Santa in the Caboose!
In late 2014 new attractions will be opened and dedicated including the Bo Jackson Elite Sports Facility, Hilliards Station Park and the Hilliard Civic and Cultural Arts Center. All the more reason to come back for a visit in 2015.
Visit our community to experience small town charm and hospitality with all the amenities of a big city. Be sure to stop by our unique locally owned restaurants which foodies always enjoy.
- 2 Nights Stay at Hampton Inn Enjoy a good night’s sleep and small town hospitality
- $30 gift certificate to Abner’s restaurant known for their homemade breakfast - cooked to order omelets
- $50 gift certificate to Starliner Diner – people come from all over Ohio to experience this unique local establishment from one of a kind décor to special food
- $50 gift certificate to Olive Tree - Enjoy fresh Mediterranean cuisine with authentic flavors from around the Mediterranean region.
- $20 gift certificate to The Little Ice Cream Shoppe known for their homemade ice cream and sundaes!
- $50 gift certificate to Ten Pin Alley for boutique bowling and cocktails
- Souvenir Package includes 5 Hilliard photo notecards, umbrella, cooler, first aid kit, Hilliard Historical Walking Tour Guide and a Franklin County Fair cookbook
Enter the Contest Now