One of the greatest childhood memories for many is playing with train sets. What a better way to relive these memories and create new ones with your family than by visiting the many train museums around Ohio!
From model train sets to real-life working locomotives, you are able to have fun with your family all around Ohio. Your can begin by visiting the Cincinnati Museum Center in Cincinnati where you can learn about trains throughout history and how they were used for transportation for many Americans and also a way to transport goods. There are numerous activities to keep your children engauged while also being very entertaining for you. This is a stop for all families to enjoy!
The next day, visit EnterTRAINment Junction in West Chester. This location is home to the largest indoor model train display in the world! The kids can run around and play in the 5,000 square foot play area complete with a climbing structure, train themed interactive games, and much more. The junction is a great place to bring your family for a casual day out and also a fun location for birthday parties!
Ohio has a lot to offer when it comes to trains. You’ll find elaborate displays throughout the state, some amazing train museums all decked out with plenty activities for the kids, fun events on-board real trains and much more just waiting to be discovered! Be sure to check out the other train locations in the list below.
EnterTrainment Junction is the world's LARGEST Railroad Themed Family Entertainment Center. You can book a birthday party, banquet or just stop by the Junction to enjoy a day that will take you back to a simpler time for some good old family fun.
- EnterTRAINment Journey- This G-scale layout is the largest indoor model train display in the world! It features over two miles of track and has over 90 trains from the earliest days of railroading up to today's modern railroads.
- American Railroading Museum- Both the amateur historian and those just curious about what railroading meant to the US will be able to follow the fascinating story of the growth of America's railroads.
- Imagination Junction- Kids will love our 5,000 square foot play area complete with a climbing structure, train themed interactive games, and much more.
- Train Expo Center- The expo area features train displays and layouts of many various sizes.
- A-Maze-N FunHouse: The Greatest Funhouse on Earth! With the regions largest mirror maze, the astounding Ames Room, hilarious tilt room, spinning vortex tunnel and more!
- We can accommodate up to 250 guests for birthday parties, banquets, and meetings.
- Address: 7379 Squire Court
West Chester, Ohio 45069
- Phone: Reservations: 5138988000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.entertrainmentjunction.com
Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal is a nationally recognized institution as well as national historic landmark. Dedicated to sparking community dialogue, insight and inspiration, Museum Center was awarded the 2009 National Medal for Museum and Library Service. Union Terminal has been voted the nation’s 45th most important building by the American Institute of Architects. Organizations within Cincinnati Museum Center include the Cincinnati History Museum, Duke Energy Children’s Museum, the Museum of Natural History & Science, the Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX® Theater and the Cincinnati Historical Society Library. Recognized by Forbes Traveler Magazine as the 17th most visited museum in the country, Cincinnati Museum Center welcomes one million plus visitors annually. As seen on WBNS 10TV
- Address: 1301 Western Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45203
- Phone: Local Number: 5132877000
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.cincymuseum.org
The Dennison Railroad Depot Museum
Railroad was king and every troop train was greeted with a smile and
free cup of coffee. That hospitality and free coffee still exist today
when you visit our beautifully restored 1873 Pennsylvania Railroad Depot
that houses a museum, restaurant, gift shop and full calendar of
At our Museum, and in the new Children’s Wing, you will never run out
of family fun! Climb in a caboose. Use your binoculars to watch the
trains in the model train room. Sleep in a Pullman Bunk. Send a
telegraph message to the Railroad Tower. Pack your hobo satchel. Explore
the engine house, ticket office and watchman’s shanty while you go on
Bing’s Scavenger Hunt (our famous WWI dog!).Explore the fun!
- Address: 400 Center Street
Dennison, Ohio 44621
- Phone: Toll-Free: 1-877-278-8020
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.dennisondepot.org
Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
Experience the fun and adventure, the romance and nostalgia of riding the train on one of the longest and most scenic tourist excursion railroads in the country. Travel through the heart of beautiful Cuyahoga Valley National Park along the historic Ohio & Erie Canalway between Independence, Ohio and the quaint Village of Peninsula. Trains also run to Akron and Canton during the summer months.
- Address: 1664 Main St
Peninsula, OH 44264
- Phone: Local Number: 3306576642
- Website: http://www.cvsr.com
Quarter-scale Steam Train
Come take a ride on the quarter-scale live steam Engine 901, restored by our volunteers. This little engine was originally built in the 1950s by members of the Israelite House of David in Benton Harbor, Michigan, where it ran in their amusement park until the 1970s. During summer months, we run the steam engine on most Sundays, weather permitting, or a quarter-scale diesel engine. Tours of our 1920s B&O Caboose are 1-4 pm on the first Sunday of the month, June through August.
Inside our museum building is a wonderful Lionel toy train layout from one of our members and an HO model train layout in process, as well as a railroad gift shop. We are open most weekends April through December. Please refer to our website for our hours as they do vary during the year. Also check our website regarding special programs: Flag City Train Show, Trains Tour, Tracks To The Past, Pumpkin Train, Train of Terror & Haunted Engine House, and North Pole Express.
Static displays on our grounds include the restored Hatton Depot, a B&O Caboose, a N&W caboose, a wooden boxcar, and a Plymouth switcher.
- Address: 11600 County Rd. 99
Findlay, Ohio 45840
- Phone: Local Number: 4194232995
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.nworrp.org
A C & J Scenic Line
Start your family trip into history with a 1-hour, 12-mile round trip on the AC&J Scenic Line Railway. Travel as it once was, restful and unhurried. Become the reason our whistle is sounded at each crossing as the train rumbles across the countryside. Ride on the remaining section of NYC's "High Grade" passenger line once linking Ashtabula, OH and Pittsburgh, PA via Youngstown, OH with a branch to Oil City, PA. First generation diesel pulling vintage coaches with baggage car and caboose.
Departures 1PM & 3PM Sat/Sun from July 7,2012 through October 28, 2012. Closed Sep 8/9 ~ 15/16 ~ 22/23, 2012 No reservation under 20, groups (20+) & motorcoaches welcome with advance notice.
Special events may have different fares and/or departure times
- Address: 161 E Jefferson St.
Jefferson, Ohio 44047
- Phone: Local Number: (440) 576-6346
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.familytrainrides.com