Family Fun in Athens
Show your family what fun REALLY means! Enjoy delectable eats, inspiring tours and activities, exciting haunts and so much more! Make your memories in Athens County!
9:00 am Breakfast at Village Bakery
10:00 am Kayaking at Strouds Run State Park
11:30 am Lunch at Brenen's Deli and Cafe
1:00 pm Take a ride on the Hocking Valley Scenic Railway
3:30 pm Horse Back Riding at Smoke Rise Ranch
6:00 pm Dinner at Casa Nueva
7:30 pm Final Friday's on the Square
10:00 pm Swimming at Hotel
9:00 am Breakfast at Hotel
10:00 am Hiking at the Ridges
11:00 am Putt Putt at the Ridges
12:00 pm Lunch at O'Betty's Red Hot
1:00 pm Athens County Historical Society and Museum
2:00 pm Athens Community Center (swimming, volleyball, basketball...)
5:30 pm Dinner at Abrio's Brick Oven
7:30 pm Southern Ohio Copperheads Baseball Game
For help planning your trip, call the ACCVB at 800-878-9767! Or visit AthensOhio.Com
Strouds Run State Park
Strouds Run State Park is located in Athens County, little more than an hour's drive south of Columbus. The scenic forested hills & valleys are home to a diverse array of wildlife. Go hiking on 15.5 miles of nature trails, or horseback riding on 8.5 miles of bridle trails (bring your own horse). More than 18 miles of mountain biking trails wind through the woods. Lakeside picnic areas provide picnic tables & cooking grates, along with 3 reservable shelters.
161-acre Dow Lake offers a sand swimming beach. Scuba diving with proper equipment is permitted. Enjoy laid-back boating with a 10 hp limit. Boat rental and tie-up slips are available. Fishing for trout, bass, crappie & channel catfish can be enjoyed from the shore or the lake. Hunting is permitted in designated areas. A valid Ohio fishing &/or hunting license is required.
The campground offers 80 scenic non-electric campsites, along with camper cabins for rent. Campground facilities include picnic tables & fire rings at each site, with latrines & waste drains throughout the campground. For camping rates and reservations call 740-594-2628Fees are $18/night (weekends) for non-electric sites. Call 1-866-OHIO-PARKS for reservations.
- Address: 11661 State Park Road
Athens, Ohio 45701
- Phone: Local Number: 7407673570
- Website: http://www.ohiostateparks.org
Smoke Rise Ranch
Smoke Rise Ranch is a working cattle ranch nestled in the rolling hills of Southeastern Ohio.Come and experience the adventures of the west, not so far from home.Whether you prefer to be part of the action with cattle drives, team penning, cow cutting and guided trail rides, or to ride at your leisure - Smoke Rise is sure to give you a taste of the old west and the famed cowboy life-style! We offer rustic cabins to delux cabins, we also have campgrounds, miles of trails, fishing ponds, heated pool, play ground, club house and much more. Please call for more information 800-292-1732 or check out our web site at www.smokeriseranch.com
- Address: 6751 Hunterdon Rd
Glouster, OH 45732
- Phone: Toll-Free: 8002921732
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.smokeriseranch.com
Casa Nueva has been The Locavore's Solution in Athens, Ohio since 1985. We are a full service Mexican-inspired restaurant and cantina that has been worker owned since 1985. We feature local, organic, and seasonal specialties with great vegetarian and vegan options available. We are proud to have been supporting local farmers and food producers for over 20 years. We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Cantina features a bar, appetizer menu, and live entertainment most nights.
Menus and complete information are available on the website.
- Address: 6 W. State St.
Athens, Ohio 45701
- Phone: Local Number: 7405922016
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.casanueva.com
Final Fridays on the Square
Nelsonville's Historic Public Square hosts a monthly community arts event the final Friday of every month, except for December. Galleries and retail shops stay open late to feature special art events at each venue. Visitors to the square can watch artists at work in their studios, as well as see new art exhibits, plays, and musical shows.
- Address: Public Square
Nelsonville, Ohio 45764
- Phone: Local Number: 7407531011
- Website: http://www.athensohio.com
O'Betty's Red Hot! Dogs and Sausages
O'Betty's Red Hot! specializes in delicious all-beef dogs in natural casings and sausages with everything you could imagine as toppings. As one Athens area resident put it, "O'Betty's is like heaven on a bun!" They also offer Old World Style fresh cut french fries fried in peanut oil.
- Address: 15 West State Street
Athens, Ohio 45701
- Phone: Local Number: 7405896111
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.obettys.com
Athens County Historical Society & Museum
The Athens County Historical Society & Museum works to collect, preserve, and display items of historical nature and to promote the study, interpretation, and understanding of the history of Athens County and its people, and to provide an organizational structure for affiliations by groups with similar interests. We have over 40,000 items in our collection.The Museum also has a library of local genealogy and histories. There is truly a wealth of knowledge here - and many friendly volunteers waiting to help. Please stop by.
* Mounts changing exhibits throughout the year
* Protects and displays historical treasures
* Works with county schools to provide tours to the museum
* Provides special programs and tours for various groups, both young and older, at the museum
* Publishes histories, genealogical research aids and other books of local and regional historical interest
* Conducts family history workshops and provides genealogical research assistance
* Provides assistance with historical projects and research.
* Works closely with Ohio University, the Ohio Historic Preservation Office, the City of Athens and other organizations on historical projects
- Address: 65 North Court Street
Athens, Ohio 45701
- Phone: Local Number: 7405922280
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.athenshistory.org